Very unfortunately, with great regret, and due to circumstances beyond the Committee’s control, it has been decided not to proceed with the proposed 50th Anniversary Exhibition Event. Please read the Chairman’s Update section in Newsletter 2/17, together with the Secretary’s Reports, for a full explanation.
Although there will be no special 50th exhibition, there are still a number of anniversary projects being progressed, or already completed, for the benefit of members. These include:
- The Hunslet 0-6-0 Shunter which will be the first RTR motive power product from the NGS (see Journals and News;letters 1/17 and 2/17, and here).
- A Carflat-A RTR bogie car carrier wagon for which the development is progressing well.
- It is hoped to release kit 54A, KSA ‘cube’ wagon, and 55, post 1975 KFA Warflat bogie wagon, this year (see Journal 2/17).
- Special Private Owner wagons, tailored to Area Groups requirements, are being produced.
- A special anniversary souvenir booklet was issued to members with Journal 6/16